2012年7月27日星期五

Career game gave me a lot of fun

He wants to finish off the most decorated Olympic career in history by just having fun. Michael Phelps cuts a relaxed figure two days out from the beginning of the end. And with more gold medals than anyone else in the 116 years of the Olympic Games, he can afford a pretty casual approach to his bid for a few more in London.

"It's just about how many toppings I want on my sundae, " he says. So far he has 14 gold medals decorating his soft serve, but he told several hundred of the world's press on Thursday that he's not counting. "It's you guys who keep bringing up medal counts. Never once in my career have I ever said anything about medal counts, " he said.

The us swimming team held two back-to-back press conferences on Thursday. There was one for four swimmers with only seven gold medals between them. So there was another one just for Phelps. For half an hour, he entertained the full house in the main press conference room at Olympic Park in that cool, American dude sort of way, but he wasn't without depth as he reflected on his career. The 27-year-old became the first athlete in the history of the Games to win eight gold medals at one competition, surpassing the seven US swimmer Mark Spitz won in 1972.

"Then I wanted to conquer everything, this time I am having much more fun and I am relaxed, " he said. "I am very happy with my career and what I have done and we will see what happens over the last week of my career. " At 27 and at his fourth Games he still thinks it's "cool" living in the athletes village where even the great Michael Phelps can be amazed like any Olympic novice. "I saw three Russian women athletes who were all taller than me, I thought `sheesh! '. "

He might get emotional in London "because these are the last few competitive moments of my career... there'll be a lot of firsts and a lot of lasts this week. "It's going to be fun. "Competing in seven events, he'll have more firsts than lasts in the pool. But he reckons he's already achieved the one first that's only ever really interested him. "I want to be the first Michael Phelps, that's what I've always wanted to be. "And there'll be no other. Like us on Facebook to get breaking news.This is a good Diablo 3 gold net, you can look at:http://www.myd3item.com/

没有评论:

发表评论